DayOne Accelerator supports digital health entrepreneurs and their innovative projects. This year the themes are diabetes and metabolism, value-based healthcare, and patient-centric innovation.
DayOne Accelerator program helps digital projects tackle challenges in healthcare innovation. If you are a digital health entrepreneur, this article might be of interest because, with DayOne Accelerator, you can gain feedback on your innovation project and build connections in the healthcare ecosystem. This accelerator is an excellent opportunity for innovative ventures solving problems across a broad range of healthcare areas in digital health. DayOne helps promising ventures combining ground-breaking technologies, healthcare expertise, and entrepreneurial spirit. Furthermore, this program supports innovative healthcare ventures to build the team, skills, and connections necessary to assured success.
This accelerator is aimed not only at start-ups but also at innovators from across the range of patients and doctors’ entrepreneurs to corporate intrapreneurs. DayOne is looking for innovation in the early stages, for instance, idea stage or proof of concept, but will also consider later stage ventures. Ventures are selected on their promise and ability to meet the challenges requested by DayOne partners. As we mentioned before, the specific themes considered for this year are:
- Diabetes & Metabolism: projects will get access to specialized partners, services, and potential funding, provided by Diabetes Centre Berne.
- Value-Based Healthcare: projects will be supported by a consortium with representatives from the Provider, Pharma, Payer, Data, and Entrepreneurial community. Ventures applying in this specific theme will have the opportunity to apply for up to CHF 30k in project funding to work with the consortium partners.
- Patient-Centric Innovation: the Health Hack consortium will support the projects. Ventures can apply without having participated in the Health Hack.
What do I need to do to enrol?
The first step in the accelerator process is participating in the DayOne Open Innovation Session, which is part of the DayOne Conference taking place this year on the 12th of November. Participants of this Open Innovation Session can then apply to the accelerator. Enrol before the 23rd of October, and don’t miss out on this great opportunity!
By the 5th of November, the DayOne team will let you know if you are shortlisted for the accelerator program and therefore invited to DayOne Open Innovation Session.
The Accelerator program will start in January 2021, and winners will receive:
- Access to one of Europe’s leading healthcare ecosystems
- 6 months of tailored coaching and workshops
- Regulatory, legal, and other applicable services
- Access to customers
- Possible funding from the partners
- A desk at the collaborative space Switzerland Innovation Park Basel Area Novartis Campus
- Selected applicants of the accelerator will also get the opportunity to get direct feedback from a panel of providers and technology experts at the University Hospital Basel and University Children’s Hospital Basel (UKBB).
Link to enrol to the DayOne Open Innovation Session here.
DayOne, initiated by a Core Team of volunteering industry experts, medical doctors, tech enthusiasts, and researchers, serves a growing community of 2000 healthcare innovators throughout the Basel life sciences and healthcare ecosystem. DayOne is operated by BaselArea.swiss, the office for promoting innovation and inward investment for the cantons of Basel-Stadt, Basel-Landschaft, and Jura. DayOne is supported with a unique financial contribution by the canton of Basel-Stadt and also by a wide range of knowledge partners and supporting partners.
HEMEX is a private investment and consulting company headquartered close to the Basel global life sciences hub. Our primary focus is to bring innovative drugs, medical devices, and in-vitro diagnostics to the market. We specialized in supporting early-stage start-ups, offering tailored solutions to accelerate projects into successful and sustainable businesses. We firmly believe in AMT Medical’s project, and we support them in diverse areas providing expertise. If you would like to know more about our work, you can find more information at HEMEX.